We’re proud to be a Tier 3 facility
The Prescient DC Northern Ireland colocation facility is painstakingly built to Tier 3 concurrently maintainable standard. Every part of every critical system is designed to reflect or in most instances exceed the requirements of Tier 3. No external fault or required maintenance could cause you a loss of power, cooling or connectivity.
Everything affecting the availability of your power, cooling or connectivity is designed to be resilient against faults. Any individual part can be switched off for maintenance, and all maintenance can be carried out without affecting your equipment’s performance or availability. This is what we deliver to you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This facility is Cloud-Ready and capable to manage the most demanding connectivity requirements. Prescient DC has dual incoming 11kV main feed and 2n independent UPS pairs. Maintenance or failure of any UPS system or any other power component will not affect your critical equipment. Fully independent n+1 diesel generator systems support the facility – so even in the occurrence of a mains power failure, even whilst one of the systems are being serviced, your services remain unaffected. Cooling systems are duplicated and fed from diverse power sources. Even switching off an entire cooling system will not affect your presence or performance. Bandwidth is supplied from independent routers on two cables and are sourced from multiple carriers. Failure is not an option. We follow the principles of the European Code of Conduct for data centre, and have processes and procedures equivalent meeting ISO 27001 and PCI DSS requirements.
When you select Prescient DC for your colocation requirements, you get a solution designed for resilience, maintainability, and reliability. You get protection from faults and operator errors. You get certainty that your critical services will never fail.
Coleraine Data Centre
Northern Ireland now has its first purpose built, energy efficient, carrier neutral commercial data centre, designed to provide the global markets with a truly cost effective, efficient & secure data centre capacity.
Prescient DC is empowering Northern Ireland’s growth in the digital economy and connecting local and international businesses, providers of IT services, Cloud and content delivery solutions. With ultra-low latency networks to North America and mainland Europe, the Prescient DC provides the ideal platform to Organisations that need the ultimate global connectivity solution, and the reliability and security of one of the world’s most energy efficient and secure data centres.
Purpose built to a Tier III+ level of resilience, located on the Atlantic Link Enterprise Campus and adjacent to Ulster University, Coleraine, it is enclosed by 3M high anti-climb security fence; full CCTV coverage; vehicle locks; a minimum 8M sterile zone between the security fence and the building & 24/7 on-site security.
- 45,000 sq.ft of data centre technical space
- Dedicated office and hot-desks
- De-box, build rooms & Secure storage
- HD solutions up to 25KW per rack
- From 1 rack to 2,000 sq.m available
- All power is metered and charged as consumed
- 2n Diesel back up power supply
- Adjacent to GTT North transatlantic fibre landing station
- Carrier neutral with multiple carriers on site
- Fire detection & suppression
- Physical 24 hour on-site security
- 24 hour accessible kitchen and shower
- High density solutions from 3.5K to 25KW per rack
- 24 x 7 x 365 building operation
- 3.4M floor to ceiling heght
- Floor loading to 14KN
- Mains power supplied via 2 x 11KV incomers
- N + N power solution to Racks
- N + N UPS with battery backup
- N + 1 backup generators with 72 hour autonomy
- Refuelling contracts for fuel
- Carrier neutral
- Adjacent to transatlantic landing station
- Fastest links to North America from UK
- Access to multiple providers
- Strict cable management policy
- Minimum N + 1 cooling infrastructure
- Total mechanical UPS & Battery backup at N + 1
- Total cooling infrastructure linked and managed by BMS
- Regulated humidity
- Designed PUE of less than 1.15
- Full 3 stage fire detection system
- Fire detection and suppression linked and managed by central BMS
- Double interlock mist fire suppression
- 24/7 on site security
- Proximity cards access to all areas including mantrap access
- External & internal CCTV
- 3M high anti-climb security fence to site
- Vehicle lock to site entrance
- Pedestrian turnstile at fence line
- 8M sterile zone between security fence and building line or critical plant
- Can be List X compliant
- Intruder detection alarms
Building Management System
- Full central BMS with alarms
- Power surge management
- On site facilities management undertaking full PPM programmes
We have used Prescient DC in several locations now. Consistently professional and on hand to support new requirements.
Prescient made sure that our relocation project went without a hitch. We’re now in a much more modern secure facility and have reduced our costs considerably. Very pleased.
Prescient DC are a pleasure to work with and are always there when we need them.